Funen Printmaking Studio invites all children between 5 and 16 years old to participate in their printmaking biennale IBK2020.
The biennale is an opportunity for all children and school classes to get their prints shown in their gallery during August 2020. All participants are guaranteed to be part in the exhibition, where an international jury will award prizes for the best prints.
The theme for the biennale is the fairytales of Hans Chrisitian Andersen. The technique is up to the child, however, it is important that it is a printed piece of art.
– The print has to be 10x10cm
– The size of the paper must not exceed 15x15cm
– Each child may send up to two prints
– The print must be produced by the child
If you don’t have the opportunity to use a printing press, there are several other methods you can use. One of these techniques is monotype printing. This can be explored further on here.
– Deadline for signing up: 1st of May, 2020
– Price per child (2 prints): 50 DKK (around £5.98)
– Price per class: 300 DKK (around £35.88)
The amount will be used for hanging the exhibition, the opening and returning the prints.