During the Covid-19 pandemic, Edinburgh Printmakers is offering support to 4 artists at any stage in their careers to research and develop new digital projects. The selected artists will each be awarded a remote 4 week residency and a bursary of £500 to experiment with digital technologies and new art forms.
With the cancellation of the Edinburgh Festivals, Edinburgh Printmakers is initiating a distanced residency project to reflect our current collective socially and physically distanced situation.
Edinburgh’s festivals are unique in the world and make the city a global tourism hotspot. In recent years there has been public debate in Edinburgh about the effects of mass tourism and transient populations in the city, for both the local social fabric and wider global issues.
We would like to invite artists to consider the current condition of the city of Edinburgh and engage with this idea through digital space and web-based practice.
The Residency Opportunities
Edinburgh Printmakers is seeking proposals from artists who are interested in exploring populations, public space and the social, economic and environmental pressures that face the city of Edinburgh.
We are offering:
1. A four week remote residency beginning in July 2020 including:
– £500 bursary for each artist
– Creative development support from Edinburgh Printmakers’ Programming team
– Access to practical and technical support from Edinburgh Printmakers
– Support to expand networks and connect with potential project partners
– Marketing and support to develop audiences for your work.
2. An opportunity to share new digital work created during the residency in the usual Edinburgh Festival period in August 2020.
We welcome proposals from artists working with print and photographic practice, digital installations, migratory and viral images, text, performance, video, web archives, apps, and other experimental media. We will also accept proposals from artists who would like to work collaboratively with another artist, with the bursary split between the artists.
Please send your application here: https://bit.ly/36Bx752
Make sure to include the following on your proposal:
– Proposal text (1,000–1,500 characters with spaces)
– Biography (500 characters with spaces)
– Web links
– Uploaded images, moving image and text (10 max)
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 30th June 10.00am
Residency dates: 13th July – 9th Aug